Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Badges in the hallway, part 3








 I wrote about this original topic in a  previous blog and this is an update on the progress.





    In the next couple of weeks, I will present the "Badges in the Hallway" boards to my staff as we begin the new year. One of my more crafty teachers did a great job of constructing the boards over the summer break. Mine is hung up outside my office and we will be hanging the teacher boards up outside of their rooms.  This will also serve as a way to identify our rooms by name and grade. A few teachers have completed a couple of the badge requirements already and others will learn how to earn them using this pathway http://goo.gl/94djvR  I expect more badges to be developed as the year continues.

    I don't really know yet how they will respond to the idea. Some could see it as one more thing to deal with and choose not to participate as intended. They could also see it as a chance to showcase their expertise and have their informal self-directed learning acknowledged. I really hope they embrace it as I believe the ownership of their learning and implementation of these incremental activities are what eventually impact the learning going on in their classrooms.

    If anyone else is using a badge system for their teachers, I would love to hear more about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment